Thursday, April 02, 2009

SEEING IS BELIEVING? THE EYE IS QUICKER THAN THE HAND

Since I was a child I have always enjoyed illusionists (not to be confused with magicians who practice the black arts), because they remind us that our empirical senses are not totally reliable. They can be deceived. Certainly one of my favorite illusionists of recent memory is David Copperfield, who has made all kinds of things little and large disappear. Check out the following, and then answer the question--- "How'd he do dat?" BW3







7 comments:

theajthomas said...

First time it was neat.
Second time I picked a different card and I was amazed.
Third time with a third card my mind was completely blown.
4th time I noticed that they are two completely different sets of cards and none of the top set are in the bottom set.

Warren Baldwin said...

Are we supposed to answer the question here and give the mystery away? All of the orignal cards were removed and replaced with others.

I like the variety of your blog.
WB

Bob said...

Simple, but clever misdirection.

Ben Witherington said...

The fact that it is a different set of cards would appear to be irrelevant. The point is that the one you picked from the first set isn't in the second set, and it is the only card missing in the second set.

BW3

Ben Witherington said...

P.S. I'm just kidding :)

BW3

Taylor Sandlin said...

That was good. Took me a couple of times to figure it out.

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty cool one.