Saturday, June 14, 2008

Russian Cake Baking Contest













O.K. so first of all, the Russians love their sweets, both cakes and candies. You should see the sweet shops. So they had a cake baking contest, with
the most creative representation of something real winning. I'll let you vote for your favorite of these 12 cakes. They were allowed to use a
little supporting structure, but basically it had to be all cake and frosting. Bon appetit! Me personally, I like the night club and the Pepsis.

7 comments:

Gary said...

When I was in Ukraine in 2005 they had a cake decorating contest at English Camp. While the entries weren't quite as involved as the ones you show, they still made us Americans embarrassed about our lack of creativity. They also had a hair decorating contest (someone did an impressive Noah's Ark display), a door decorating contest and a poster making contest. It all made me think that tv has rotted our ability to do creative stuff for ourselves.

Each team at the camp also had a memory verse for each day and had to write and perform a skit demonstrating it. The dramatic performances embarrassed us as well, particularly those from the young children.

fröken lila said...

oh, my favourite pet: the sewing-machine!!! at first i thought it was real. then i realized it really was cake. fabulous!!

Carrie Ann said...

I like the little kitchen and the sewing machine

crystal said...

I vote for the sewing machine :)

Brigitte said...

Something my mother-in-law would try to make using marzipan. Was marzipan allowed?

Georgia said...

Georgia: The sewing machine remindes me of my grandmother and my sister who will quilt till she dies or her finger fall off!

Ros said...

Is that an Enigma machine?

I vote for the Pepsi cans.